Sunday 8 February 2015

Make your mark



Here are the front and back cover I have designed for my own 12 Inch record sleeve. I have done this rather than a sketch book because I believe the questions I have answered on the back of the sleeve would be what I would go through in a sketchbook/ art log book. I have designed a record sleeve because my idea was to recreate 5 different song covers. At first I wanted to recreate the 5 top covers personally giving them a professional finish but because you can't improve on perfection i decidedIi would only using the materials I could find around my house. Making collages, i did this whilst listening to the song to get inspiration of what to create. I did this once before and the out come was not successful. The images I produced were great until i involved my own hand written text. So i went back and made the video again, cutting down the amount of covers to 3. This made the video shorter. Each re-creation would take 2 mins. Meaning the video its self is now about 6-7 mins long. I have also put the video in black and white to because it made the images stand out more and boosted the effect.

I have used images of myself on the front cover because the task is meant to depict something about us. Explain information about me. I have music to tell a story about me because it is quite a big element in my life. Using it to study to or just walk around in daily life. Here i have used 3 top songs that have either influenced me in some way or bring back a memory. I got the inspiration for this idea from the D&AD 15 projects in 24 hours.

I have kept the cover very simplistic because I wanted the text and images to speak for them selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment